Friday, November 1, 2013

October C4K

C4K #5 Summary - Out of My Mind

Out of My Mind bookcover
In Carson Pickle's Blog, he describes a dream in which he was a hockey player. He said that he would need to practice and work hard in order for that dream to become a reality. Carson was asked by the teacher, "Why do you think it is hard for teachers to stay with Melody and her class?" and "Why do you think the episode with Mrs. Billups is important to the story as a whole?" Carson's reply was that it is hard to stay with them because of their many different disabilities. He said he didn't know why the episode with Mrs. Billups was important to the story.

C4K #5 Comment

I think you did an good job on writing your sentences. I can tell that you must be an intelligent young man. I think that it is great that you understand that practice and hard work will make your dreams come true; you are absolutely right about that. Also, you wrote that the teachers have a hard time staying with Melody's class because of the many disabilities. You make a good point there too, but let me add a thought. Maybe it is difficult because these teachers don't understand how smart some of these children really are. Maybe they feel like it is pointless to teach them anything because they will never need to use it or even be able to understand what is being taught. Since we know how smart Melody really is, we can see that the teachers have been very wrong. The teachers have been treating Melody like a baby and she is so much smarter than that. She wants for others to understand that she is aware of everything around her, but she has no way of telling them. Can you imagine how frustrating that would be? I think this is very important to the story, because it tends to be the same way in real life. The story is trying to get you to see that things and people are not always what they seem to be. Have you ever met someone and thought they were going to be mean only to find later that they were really nice?

C4K #6 Summary - The First Day of School

First Day of 7th Grade sign
Hi my name is Derri I am in 7th grade. On the first day of school, I had science first period. In science, we did a Mr.Potato head lab. We used these things: lettuce, tomatoes, onions, red peppers, and olives. My partner was Thomas. Then I had art for second period with Mrs. Jarden. What I did was make a portfolio with string & paper. It took 2 days to make it. Next, I had math for third period with Mr. Fitzpatrick. We learned how to do exponents. It was super easy. We also took a quiz on Friday about exponents that was also easy. Next I had P.E for fourth period. My teacher was Mr. Murphy. He was awesome and made us work hard. We played sports/activities on Monday, Thursday, and Friday and ran on Tuesday and Wednesday. Then I had language for fifth period with Mr.Harvey. He was an awesome teacher. Last I had sixth period with Mrs. McLaurin. She was a social studies teacher and she was very loud and funny.

C4K #6 Comment

From reading your blog, it looks to me like you are in for a fun year. I remember my seventh grade year. It was probably one of my favorite years in school. I think you have done an excellent job on your blog post. I blows me away thinking about how smart students are today to be able to figure out how to do things like this. One thing you will want to do is be careful when you are writing your sentences. You need to try to make sure you are capitalizing everything that needs to be capitalized and using periods and commas when you need to. You seem like a smart young man and I think that you will learn quickly how to make sure your sentences are perfect. Again, you did an excellent job; you should be proud of yourself.

C4K #7 Summary - My Hero

a little girl hugging her grandmother
I am writing about my hero. To me a hero is someone who wants me to have a wonderful life. My hero is my grandmother because my grandmother is nice and kind to me. My grandmother wants to me to have a wonderful life. My grandmother is a hero to my family. My grandmother is a hero because my grandmother is kind to me.

C4K #7 Comment

I think this is one of the sweetest blog posts I have read.  My grandmother took care of me when I was growing up too.  She was a wonderful woman who loved me more than I ever knew.  Your grandmother is probably the same way.  She probably loves you more than you will ever know too.  You did an excellent job with writing your post.  Every word is spelled correctly and your punctuation is good.  My favorite part is the feeling of your words.  I can tell that you wrote from your heart and to me, that is one of the best ways to reach people.  Maybe you should look into writing stories or poems.

C4K #8 Summary - Soybeans

Picture of soybeans
Have you ever heard of the soybean? I have because it is one of Nebraska's natural resources. Did you know that 98 percent of animal feed is made out of soybeans and that you can make candy out of soybeans? I will tell you how to do that. First, you roast them, then you dip them in chocolate, and then you put candy coating over them.

Did you know that the people at the Henry Dooly Zoo feed most of the animals soybeans? I like that fact because I like the Zoo. Do you? When a bus leaves black smoke, did you know that you can mix soybean oil with diesel and it will make that smoke disappear? Would you like that? And that you can drink milk from soybeans called soy milk! Would you like to eat a soybean? Do you know anything else about the soybean?

C4K #8 Comment

I knew that soybeans were nutritious and widely used but I didn't know all that you shared. I didn't know that you could make candy out of them and I didn't know that soybean could prevent diesel engines from releasing black smoke either. You ask if I like the zoo and I have to answer you by saying that I used to want to work at a zoo as a veterinarian. I have always had a soft spot for animals. The best zoo in the Southeast is probably the Atlanta Zoo; however, the Birmingham Zoo is pretty good too. It sounds to me like the soybean is good on the environment as well as being delicious. I like to put soybeans in some of my pasta dishes. Did you know that in 1935 Henry Ford painted his cars with a paint that he made from soybean oil? I didn't either until I looked online for some information on the soybean. You have done a really good job with sharing what you know about soybeans. Were you able to research some things that you didn't know? Whenever I don't know enough about something, I try to look on the internet to learn more. It is a good way for me to keep on learning even when I don't have a teacher telling me I have to. Keep up the good work and make it a point to always try to find something new to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment